Interior Design Services
From whole-house renovations to kitchen & bath design I, Robin Boyce, and my team of fellow designers and contractors at Design Center West will complete the room of your dreams.
Great design is not just about picking paint colors for the walls, and fabrics for window treatments, it’s not just about the layout, and placement of furniture, area rugs and artwork. What sets us apart is the fact that we have no middle-man. We operate straight through the manufacturers and we pass that savings on to you.
At Design Center West, we create for our clients, a space that emulates his or her vision of what their home or room should look and feel like. We pride ourselves on listening to our client’s needs, wants and budgetary demands. Our great taste, attention to detail, and determination to finish a job on time, keeps us one of the busiest interior design firms in New England year round.
A good Interior Designer, known for her flair, good taste, and the completion of the perfect project. The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, as to how the process begin at Design Center West.
We have developed a highly collaborative process that involves our clients every step of the way! Generally, our design processes is executed on an hourly basis and billed out at $75.00 per hour; requisitioned on a weekly basis. Keep reading to learn about all that Design Center West can provide for you:
- First, we determine what the clients needs are for the space(s) that they are about to alter. We acquaint ourselves with their lifestyle and aesthetic likes and dislikes.
- Next, we determine a budget based on needs and existing furniture or materials that can be used or preserved for the new project.
- After the budget is determined, the fun begins with a collaborative research! This is when we amass inspiration for the space through many and varied avenues such as magazines, internet resources or our own completed projects.
- Finally space planning and selection of materials and furniture begins.
- Floor plans, sketches, fabric selections, painting techniques, carpets, area rugs, appliances, lighting fixtures etc. prepared for the final meeting and presentation with the clients, These sketches of the room may be hand drawn or computer generated. Wall colors, furniture pieces, accessories and flooring choices, will all be included for the presentation; including a scaled plan.
- When the time comes to put the plan into action you will find comfort in the fact that we pride ourselves on using some of the same subcontractors for over 30 years. A full team of licensed professionals; carpenters, plumbers, electricians, stone and tile masons, painters, carpet installers among others are contacted to make sure everything is planned and priced out. Each artisan comes with specific qualifications, and all have a different forte. Pending the client’s final approval, an estimated time for the project can be calculated. No job is too small--and to date--no job has been too big!
- Our job does not stop where our contractor’s jobs start. We will stop by frequently to see how everything is going. Every change of order is signed off on. If ever something isn't right, we take responsibility and it will be corrected immediately.
Now all of this begs the question…
Why in the world do we need interior designers?
Most of us lead high paced lives, and do you really have the time or the expertise to handle the project on your own?” We will save you time and we will prevent costly mistakes. We have more than 45 years of combined experience at Design Center West. You are not our guinea pig—whatever your project is, we have probably done it before; maybe just in a different color, style or size.
We can’t wait to get started on your next project! Come visit me and my fellow designers at our showroom at 63 Fountain St. Framingham, MA!
President, Design Center West